Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Fix x64 crash on macro recording.
- Fix x64 crash on new language dialog of UDL.
- Check plugin architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) before loading.
- Enhance Smart Highlighting feature: 1. match case 2. whole word only 3. use find dialog settings for both.
- Fix poor performance of hex XML entities.
- Reshow CallTip text on separator character.
- Skip Auto-Complete self-closing HTML tags (
, , ... etc).
- Fix 2 UI issues for RTL layout.
- Fix Folder as Workspace toolbar button inconsist behaviour.
- Add option to skip word completion on numbers (default: ON).
- Fix bookmarks toggled off's bug.
- Sort plugin menu by plugin name.
- Installer: Add 64-bit/32-bit old install detection, and old installation removal ability.
- Installer: Ask user for keeping user data during uninstallation.
- Installer: Fix uninstaller bug to not remove themes files from APPDATA.