Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Add character encoding auto-detection feature.
- Fix the word-completion hanging problem by typing Chinese in ANSI document under Chinese Windows 7/8 64 bits.
- Enable word-completion in ANSI document under CJK environment.
- Add wildcard capacity for file name argument in command line.
- Add new command line argument "-r" for opening files recursively (with wildcard characters).
- Fix the crash bug while setting current document as Objective-C source code.
- Fix rename not replacing the existing file bug.
- Enhance Function list feature: reload on saving.
- Enhance Function list feature: better recognition of perl function.
- Fix sorting path in Windows document dialog makes Notepad++ crash.
- Fix the no extension column setting for Doc Switcher not initialized properly in preference dialog.
- Add "Command line arguments help" menu item command.