Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Remove Source Code Pro font du to the different issues.
- Add back "Notepad++ Community (Forum)" menu item.
- Fix a visual glitch on starup and on exit.
- Fix "Open in/Move to new instance" issue (to memorize the language and the position).
- Fix Preferences dialog loses focus issue while enabling document list panel.
- Fix the narrow columns problem in Ascii Insert Panel under a high DPI.
- Fix the list items' squeezed height problem in function list panel and project panel under a high DPI.
- Fix panel caption squeezed display under a high DPI.
- Fixed buffer overrun when opening a recent file.
- Make toolbar refresh properly while switching over small/big icons.